Sunday, November 27, 2011

26.5 hours

As we pulled into our driveway at 6:30pm this Sunday, the thought occurred to me that I had been gone from Home for 26.5 hours.... that is a long time if you were not even gone on a trip :) This random thought reminded me of what I did in those 26.5 hours....

Last night, my good friend Becca picked me up and we stopped for Hot Chocolate and then went down for the City of Boise Christmas Tree lighting ceremony. It was a great 2 hours of Constant Christmas songs to sing along to. We sang everything from Silver Bells(My favorite :) ) and Jingle Bell Rock to Silent Night and Away in a Manger. We met up with my sister and her friends for a night of Thai food and Apples to Apples. It was a late night and we had church this morning. I got to drive Elysse's car for the first time to church... it was a lot of fun!! (only problem is that her car makes it way to easy to speed :/)
Church was a thankfulness service and it was amazing to listen to the testimonies of young and old alike (all the middle aged people too :) ) and see the hand of God throughout 2011.
After church was a shared meal and Ultimate Frisbee!

I was also able to go with my mom and visit my Grandmother... she has had some severe health chalanges this year and it was amazing to see her so improved, in very good spirits and praising her Savior with her every breath for His gift of life to her.

After our visit we went to Liberty's house for dinner and we finally made it home after a few other stops along the way....

26.5 hours is a long time but it is also a short time... makes me think of other timelines...

such as....

17 days until Jacob comes home
16 school days left in the semester
28 days until Christmas

Speaking of Christmas.... I am super excited... I have been playing Christmas Music as I have been moving rooms as well as any other chance I get. I have been planning all the goodies I am going to bake as well as getting ready to send out invitations to friends and family to join in the festivities. I am going Christmas Caroling this Friday as well as the 17th and attending a Christmas Concert on the 18th.... etc.....

Oh, did you notice I mentioned Iwas moving rooms.... yep... I am moving from my itty-bitty 8x10 "room" (that had no closet so I squeezed a wardrobe in it as well as a bed a dresser, a desk, and a nightstand) into an 11ishx12ish room that makes my twin bed look like a doll bed (it is quite amusing actually)... I am about a third of the way moved and am looking forward to getting to decorate "all myself"...#1 thing I am loving about my room right now: my space heater which I set to keep the temperature at 80 degrees..,. it is heaven :) (well... not quite, but I think you get the idea...)

Speaking of hours... I have to be moving in less than 5... so I better sign out...

In Christ,
Mercy

No comments:

Post a Comment