Wednesday, August 22, 2012

You know you are a coach when....

So Volleyball has been going on for about 2 1/2 weeks.... This is my first year coaching and I am pretty excited. We have enough girls to have 3 teams, which is kinda challenging on the coaching side as the range is from 4th year players to absolute beginners.

I am still learning what coaching is all about but I thought I would share a few things.

You know you are a coach when...
   ... your whistle is perpetually hanging around your neck
   ... you no longer wear knee pads to practice
   ... you seem to be always looking at a notebook (i.e. practice schedule)
   ... you have written out 3 different serve orders and you are still not sure you have it the way you want it
   ... played coach-on-2, except now you are the one spiking the balls
   ... you can officially add "Volleyball Coaches meeting" to your schedule... which actually means another trip to Starbucks ;)
  

Hope this made you smile :)

Mercy

6 comments:

  1. This did make me smile. I'm going to be coaching with Caleb this year, so I'll keep those things in mind. :D
    I do hope they meet somewhere other than Starbucks though! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so awesome that you are coaching with Caleb... are you just there to assist or are you taking over coaching setting or.. ?

      Hope that goes really well for y'all, please keep me posted :)

      Just ask Caleb, I'm sure he remembers coaches meetings in Starbucks ;)

      Delete
    2. From what I understand so far, ;) I'll be assistant coaching for the practice part of the season then will have my own team during games. I am nervous! :D I'll let you know how it goes.

      Delete
    3. Update...Though long over due. :) Coaching went great. I still don't feel like much of a coach though. I learned ALOT...and feel like I know even less than I did before. The kids were awesome and I miss them!

      Hope the VB camp goes well!

      Delete
  2. Another excuse for coffee is always a plus for Miss Mercy :)

    ReplyDelete