Monday, February 20, 2012

Grandpa

Today I found out what really maters, God and Family. Today a big piece of my heritage was taken home. My Grandpa has left this Far Country for his true home beyond the sea. I had never imagined until now, as I face the reality, that in this life he will not see me graduate, he cannot attend my senior recital, he will never see me walk down the aisle. Yet he will see these things, clearer than any of us here on earth. Tonight was my Senior night basketball game. A game I have looked forward to ever since I begun playing basketball because I knew it would be a special night. Yet tonight was even more special than I could even have imagined because for the first time in the three years I have played, my Grandpa finally got to see me play. For the last few years he has been confined to a wheelchair and this last year confined to his house. I believe he saw one of my volleyball games in 2009 but never a basketball game. And now on the last home game of my career, my Grandpa finally got to see me play. It didn't turn out like I would ever have imagined but even more wonderful. Even though I could not see his face, he was there.

...

Dear Grandpa,
I miss you so much already, even though it hasn't even been a day. I know you are having such a blessed time with our Lord and Savior.

I know in this life I never expressed very well my gratitude for all you have done for me... let me now do that. Thank you so much for your love, not only for me but for my family and the example you gave me through your love for the Lord. Thank you for raising my dad to be a Christian and preparing him to lead my siblings and I in the way of truth. Thank you for your example of patience, self control, and faithfulness, in these lessons I could not have asked for a better teacher.

I can't wait until I see you again :)
Your Loving Granddaughter,
Mercy Faith

...

Even as my Grandpa has passed from this life to a far better one, those of us that are left behind are reminded of a few things. First, cherish the time you are given with your loved ones and give them hugs every chance you get. Second, never forget to tell them how much they mean to you cause you never know when you will never have that chance again. And Thirdly, keep all your friends and family in prayer because as we know, we will get to see them again if they accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior. I am so happy that my I will get to see my Grandpa again :)

Prayer is a mighty weapon... let us use it to its fullest...

With an overflowing heart,
MFB

No comments:

Post a Comment